2012-03-12

{song of the day} Zebra Katz - Ima Read





The "unofficial" official song of Paris Fashion Week...after it was the soundtrack to Rick Owens AW 2012 show.  So, so chic.  However...a few people, of course {and maybe even rightfully}, had some issues with the lyrics.


Here's a quote from the intelligent Owens that I believe explains the infectious, can't get it outta your head, song perfectly;  “‘I’m gonna read that bitch’ is a gay vogueing-culture term for ‘tell her what’s what.’ It’s ridiculously exaggerated in this song and expressed mostly through the female voice. I liked how it expressed savage impulses in a chilly, controlled way. And I was speaking to the savage impulses we all recognize in ourselves and suppress in elaborate and formal ways.” {well put}


Download the song here











No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you all!!